Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ken and Tiger

Today was my first chance in a very long time (upwards of two weeks!) to go sailing, on a perfect windy day. I didn't think I'd have any takers because there was a small time window, very short notice, and most people had other plans. This didn't break my heart any since I haven't sailed alone for any extended period for a very long time, and it is fun once in a while. BUT... finally I got down the 'K' section on my number list in my cell phone, and called my old co-worker friend, Ken (Kenichi). He and his son Tiger sailed with me way back in my second summer ever of sailing (7 years ago!) and he has told me since he wants to go again. He answered the phone, and when I said I was going sailing, he paused for about 5 seconds perhaps, and then said, "sure, sounds good, I'll be there in 15 minutes!". And he was.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Whatever you may be doing... if the opportunity to sail comes up, and there is a good wind, for pete's sake, drop whatever you may be doing and go sailing!!!!

We had a blast.

Forgot to take pictures. As with last time, it was one of those white-knuckle days where survival is more of a concern than posterity. Next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home