Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More GMS'ers!

What a summer GMS '03 was! One of my best friends that summer was Caitlin, a fairly new Christian from Penn State, still struggling with letting go of worldly ways, but really seeking God's way. A few years later, what a work of God, she came back as the women's co-director of the program this summer ('08).

Caitlin was busy, and I was really busy, so we only got together once while she was in town for the summer, but naturally it was for sailing, like the old times! Megan came too (the other co-director), who I don't really know, but know a little bit more now!

Funny story in the "I learned from that" category. I had just recently gotten internet access on my cell phone, so that I could check the weather radar from my boat on weather.com. I tried it out for the first time today because it was pretty cloudy. Logged on, hmm, all clear. That's funny, seems pretty cloudy. Well, good, no storms coming. Then it started drizzling a bit, but logged in again to check the radar, nothing. Hmm, I said. Well, finally we got hungry and pulled into the boathouse to grab lunch. Just a couple minutes after getting under cover, the sky let loose with a massive rain storm. So... I logged in again... NOTHING!!! Wait a minute....... then I noticed the date and time stamp on the map I was looking at... yesterday's radar map! oh!!!! So I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to refresh, and when I did, the map was showing thunderstorms pretty solid for a 100 mile radius. Oops!

The cool part though, is that once I figured this out, I was able to predict when a 15 minute window of opportunity would come to get the boat back to the docks, and it worked!

Caitlin and Megan July 9 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home