Friday, May 30, 2008

The Old Boat Still Floats!

On May 25, I finally got Windfall out on the water again. There was no wind at all, but I hoisted the sails anyway to make sure all was well and to exercise the Mercury 3.3 for the first time since 2006. It started in 3 pulls! Stephanie L and Sarah S came along and did take some pictures that I'll get from them soon to post here. In the meantime, you can find them on facebook. If you're not on facebook, get on facebook!

On May 26 (Memorial Day) we had LOTS of wind. It was a fairly gloomy day but I went anyway. Shining, Sam, and Ana came along. I had my second-closest call for a capsize when my hat flew off and I tried to retrieve it. Should probably just let it go next time! :-)

On Wednesday, May 28, I went down to the waterfront and went on a spur-of-the-moment sail by myself. I decided to see how quickly I could get the boat in and out of the water. The verdict is: After driving to the boat access, 20 minutes later I was sailing away. Sailed around the perimeter of the breakwater, and then pulled into the dock again. 12 minutes after that, the boat was back on land and I was driving home. Not bad! 70 minutes total time from arrival by car to departure by car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home